Wednesday, October 03, 2007

And Proud of It!

Today, I gave the most recent math test back to the kids.

"And, with one of the top scores, Carlos! 103%!"

The class's cheers are interrupted by a voice.

"NERD!"

This comes from Edgar, my favorite punkass, and Carlos's best friend. Carlos, according to my girls, is very popular and swoon-worthy. He is currently dating one of my ladies, who happens to be gorgeous, opinionated and very bright.

Carlos rolls his eyes. "Dude. You're just jealous that you're not as smart as me."

At this, my eyes began to glint. "And, with the second highest score in class... EDGAR! 101%!"


"NERD!" screams the whole class.

"Yean and PROUD OF IT!" he shouts back.

My smile almost fell right off my face. In fact, my whole head nearly fell right off.

I got Edgar. My punkass, too cool for school, homework is boring, this-is-whack kid to say he was PROUD OF BEING A NERD!


AHAHAHAH! I WIN! I WIN! My glee was almost tangible.
I said nothing. Just grinned like a maniac.

Miss J 235, Edgar 0.

My year has officially been made.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Miss J is the best. But your loyal readers already knew that. :) ~WtP