Thursday, December 16, 2010

Random Bits

1.
The news came to our assembly today. Our school raised almost $2,000 dollars total for Francisco Felix's family. Incredible. I tried explaining to the kids how HUGE this had become, but they just didn't get the scope. Guys. National news. I mean... NATIONAL. This isn't just impacting THIS community.... They don't get how big this is. I have to learn how to teach them how a drop can impact a whole pond, and how anyone can be that drop.

2.
I had a paper sign stapled outside my door with my name on it. The kids knew from the sign to line up at that spot before entering. At first, someone wrote "is awesome" after my name. Then, someone wrote "big ass." Thanks guys. Thanks.

3.
Luis: Miss J. If I proposed to you, what would you say?
Me: Proposed what? That you do your homework? Yes. Please do your homework.
Luis: No, you know, like PROPOSED. Like got down on one knee...
Me: Oh! I would laugh at you. And then tell you no.
Luis: What?! But what if I had a nice ring...
Me: Dude. You're like my SON. That's gross.
Luis: But Miss J, I'm awesome. And I make you laugh.
Me: True. But still gross.
Daniel: She doesn't want you fool. She wants to super size that. (points to himself)
Me: Okay, now we're really done. I'm going to go barf up my lunch now.

No comments: