Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Next Year: Part II

More thoughts....

Options:
--My best friend here has openings in her school. I can be a dynamo and interview like the goddess I am.
--There is a district much closer to me which has many already excelling schools. Already excelling = less pressure? I can submit online applications there.
-- Figure out my options at the current school.
-- Eat lots of ice cream.

What would make me happy:
--Having my last year's kids again. Some of the kids are shit heads, but they are shit heads I like. They are, in essence, my kind of shit heads.
--The time to get really good at one subject instead of trying to be astoundingly brilliant at multiple ones.
--Teaching history.
--The time to put together my own curriculum binders for other subjects than the one I currently teach. The time to focus on things I want to get better at for ME, not because something is due the next day.
--Having the time to take more professional development or classes so I can learn how to be more effective and become highly qualified in more areas.
--The opportunity to help and collaborate with other teachers.
--Learning to be an AA.
-- Eating lots of ice cream.

No comments: