Monday, April 12, 2010

Gorilla Snot

Lately, one of my students has been carrying around this hair styling product called something like "Gorilla Snot." He likes to take it out of his bag and sniff it. And add more to his hair. It hasn't bothered me as it hasn't bothered anyone else in class.

At the end of one period, I looked over at him and saw him, lip jutted out, arm cocked above his head in an awkward 90 degree angle, wrist bent backwards....

Scratching his head like a gorilla.
With utter seriousness.
The label was pointing right at us.

I burst into laughing and pointed it out to the kids I was sitting with.

Student 1: Is Angel evolving backwards?
Me: Gorillas are actually pretty smart. It might actually be moving forwards for him.... You know, you can teach a gorilla sign language?
Student 2: Gorillas ARE smart. Man, a gorilla makes me look like an idiot.

I hope that's not the only epiphany he's had this year....

No comments: