Monday, April 21, 2008

The Dunk Tank

The awesome, diva, goddess secretaries: 

"Miss J, will you go in the dunk tank?"
[two seconds of consideration] "
"Yeah. Sure."
"REALLY!? None of the other girls will go in but us! Really?! You will?!"
 [puzzled] 
"Uhhh. Yeah. Why not?"
"Miss J, you are so cool. You are one of us."
[Feelings of self doubt melt away. Strut impedes any semblance dignity but makes me feel like a bad ass.]

My kids' reaction:

"We're going to get you, Miss J."

"Right. Okay. Well, remember this. I volunteered. So, let's look at the scenarios here. 

One: you throw the ball, I fall, I cool off, I win. 

Two: you throw the ball, you miss, I make fun of you, I crack myself up, I win. 

Three: you hit the button, I fall in and cool off, I make fun of you for being a loser with no skills.... say it with me now..."

"You win."

"That's right. I win. Any questions?"

No comments: