Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Snippets II

One of my students has this insane, plastered-down, curly hair. He looks like a Latino Ken doll, hair all plastic-y and one piece. Last week, I bribed him.... let the hair go, own it, and you get yourself some cookies. Two bags of Oreos? Deal.

So, Jesus let's the fro-go, I grin, pass over the goods, and then, Monday comes, and his bright, mouthy girlfriend Bryanna decides to poke a little fun at me.....Bryanna, possibly the only student who knows with absolute certainty that there is nothing going on between myself and Mr. F..... Bryanna who's just trying to give me shit.

Bryanna: "So, you're in love with Mr. Faulk. We know. Cuz you gave him TWO bags of cookies." Her eyes glint. A twisted little grin spirals on her face.

Me: "Well, by that logic.... I'm also dating Jesus. As, I gave him two bags of cookies on Friday as well."
Bryanna: "Back off Miss J! ...I thought I trusted you!" Sniff.
Well... stop givin' me lip, woman....and I'll stop.... Wow. Yeah. Gotta stop making comments like that before I get fired.

Course, I'm incorrigible. I need to keep myself entertained. So, the insanity continues.
Usually when the kids leave my room, I have the last kid flip off the light. This day, however, I flipped it off just as they started walking out.... The room blossomed with the requisite amount of ooOOOOoooos at the sudden darkness. And of course, I have to open my big mouth.

"I know it's all dark in here, but....no making out in my room! You hear me?"
The kids walk out, giggling.
"I'm serious. There will be no making out in here. This is a making out free zone."
Now I'm just asking for it.... Here comes Leslie....
"Oh come on Miss J, you KNOW if you had a boyfriend at this school youd be making out in here ALL THE TIME."

Err...... Wow.

No comments: