Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Speaking of Being an Ass...

So, this story involves Mr. Faulk again, and if you wouldn't know any better, you'd probably assume that I had a mad crush on him. The kids think I do, in fact, and sometimes refer to him as being my "secret lover," which, for reasons I'll make clear (eventually) I totally perpetuate. Oh yes. Mr. F? So dreamy.

Anyhow, a few days ago as I was walking my little darlings back from lunch, Mr. F handed me a cookie. Naturally, I started picking off chunks and eating it in front of my kids who all stood attentively in line. Attentively, of course, because they wanted me to share. HA! Oh, funny kids.

"OOOoooooo! Mr. Faulk gave Miss J a COOKIE!" (Give me some!)
"SECRET LOOOOOV-AHHHH!" (Can I have some?)
"oooOOOOOooooo!" (Miss J, where's mine?)

"Yep. Mr. Faulk. Is dreamy. And no, I'm not sharing. (You're mean!) Yes. I know. I'm terrible and evil and a dictator. Can we walk now?"
We walk a bit, I nibble my cookie, and one of my girls goes "You know, Miss J, for a little white girl you got BOOTY!"

Oh sweet lord. AGAIN!?

"1) No, I don't. 2) WHY ARE YOU LOOKING AT MY BUTT?! Sickos."

"No, really, Miss J. (turns to a friend) "She's got WAAAAY more booty than you do!"
"Nuh-uh!"
"Oh yeah. Miss J. Booooo-tayyyyy!" (girls crack up. I cover my butt and keep walking.)

Maybe that should be my rapper name, eh? Miss J Bootay? Once again, all I can do is shake my head.

No comments: