Monday, February 27, 2006

The Best Invention EVER.

Electricity’s good. And I’m glad that I have indoor plumbing instead of a pit toilet. Computers are pretty clever, and anything that plays music gets a thumbs up in my book. But, there is one invention, that as a student teacher, I cannot live without.

You ready for this?

Ladies and gentlemen... I present.... the paperclip!

Oh yeah. Indoor plumbing be damned. I'll take paperclips any day, and pee in the woods. What? Your pencil lead broke off in your sharpener, and now it won’t work? Hold on a sec. I’ll uncurl my handy dandy paperclip and poke the lead back through. Your button fell off and your skirt won’t stay up without one? Well, well, well. Don't worry about mooning the world, Madeline. All you have to do is twist a paperclip through and cinch the opening shut. Hair coming undone on picture day? Paperclip! Your wrist-wrap won't stay on? Paperclip! Your student teacher's a maniac? Paperclip! See? Problem solved!

It's my magic wand, my dexterous organizer, my new favorite tool. Of course, I probably shouldn't speak too loudly about my love affair with that sexy little twist of metal... the duct tape people will probably come after me. Bunch of fanatics. They'll chase me into the boonies, and then I probably will be peeing in the woods.

Of course then I'll be needing another fabulous invention: toilet paper.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen!!