Thursday, August 03, 2006

At Last, At Last, Employed At Last!

I have what all recent college grads covet... a job!

This morning, after an hour long interview with two astonishingly friendly principals, I found myself promptly hired. I couldn't believe it. Granted, after every answer I gave they acted like my very own personal cheerleaders, so, I knew I was in good shape... but still. I never expected someone to hire me so quickly-- they didn't even check my references!

Later, the human resources person called me, and I found out why they hired me quick as lightning-- school starts on MONDAY. As in a couple days from now. When they found out I couldn't be there until the 21st they were nonplussed. Apparently, there will be two other teachers who won't be able to get there right away either! Holy bacon on a stick.

I'll type more later. For now, I've got to get this crazy wiggly dance energy out of my system! Anyone want to dance with me??

1 comment:

HeatherIhn said...

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! You're so lucky to get paid on a regular basis. :) Congratulations m'dear!!! I'm bouncing around in your honor!