Saturday, September 02, 2006

Teacher Telepathy

The second day of class, my students had to present historical reports. The group assignment had been given by the substitute teacher and he had left no rubrick behind. I sat in my desk, wondering how to grade them, and listened as my third presenter stumbled over the words.

"At one time," he said, "ka-ka-ka..."
"Caesar?" I asked, looking up from my notes. He looked at me in surprise.
"Yeah. Yeah! I think it is."

Then a few minutes later...
"The p-p-p,"
"Parthenon?"
Again, he looked at me in astonishment. "How'd you DO that?"

I shrugged. "I'm a teacher. I'm good."
The class giggled.

Two minutes later, it happened again.
"Eh... Eh....." He looked up at me expectantly.
"Espana?"

"Man. You weren't kidding. You ARE good."

Indeed. :)

No comments: