Thursday, April 26, 2007

Success!

This week, we had conferences. My kids are starting to slack off (end-of-the-year-itis), thus, many of the grades had dropped. I was expecting irate parents, but this is what I got...

"My daughter comes home from school, and she WON'T stop talking about WWII. She sits there, telling her brother everything that is going on, and neither one of them will go to bed!"

"Lately, my daughter's been on the computer a LOT. I expected that she was on myspace or some silly thing, but every time I checked... it was Wikipedia. She was researching WWI and WWII. She told me all sorts of things I knew nothing about... Josef Mengele, the Munich Agreement, the Manhattan Project... I couldn't believe it. I never even learned any of that stuff."

"My son knows more about science than his older sister, and she's a far better student. His head is full of facts, and I can't even pronounce the names of the organelles he keeps talking about."

"Last year, my daughter was almost failing all subjects. This year... she's excited to go to school, and she comes home full of new facts to share. She even likes math!"

Kids talking to their parents about what they learned in school??! Kids researching at home just because they want to know more?!?!

I have done my job.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Ms J. You have done an amazing job.
So very proud of you as always!
M

Tyler said...

i always knew you had it in you.

ponyexpress said...

Like I already said. When I have kids, I'm kidnapping you and making you teach them.