Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Next Year

Next year...

I'll be teaching the following:

1. Language! -- a scripted, phonics-based program
2. Language Arts -- using reading strategies, writing
3. Ancient History

The good things: Only 2 lessons to plan each day! 60 kids a day instead of 30-- so if a kid makes me bonkers, I don't have to deal with him/her all day long. Less stress. More time for after school clubs. Team teaching means more collaboration.

The bad things: Only 2 lessons a day! Repetitive lessons can get boring. I'll miss teaching science and math. 60 kids now rely on me to teach them how to read. EEK!


Also, fantastically, I've been chosen to be part of the leadership team, to lead our 6th grade team, and to start the drama club.

Booyah!

I'm so glad not to have 1st year status anymore.

No comments: