Monday, August 13, 2007

Sigh.

I miss my class from last year.

Even the kids that made me crazy.

Why? My new homeroom... is sadly without personality. Most of the girls are sweet, but without any moxie. The rest are just flirtatious but without any creativity. I have no faux nephews or Professors. I also have no glinting eyed mischevious instigators. Just... a group of weirdos that whisper to each other but don't participate. What IS that?!

Luckily, my second class is full of energy and craziness. They come in shouting raucous greetings but INSTANTLY settle down when I need them to. They participate and ask good questions and MOST of them actually do their homework. AMAZING! With the exception of a couple of girls that seem to have their Bitch Highlighters on... they're fabulous. I miss them when they leave.

A handful of my old students visit me... but a couple of my favorites don't! Its heartbreaking. Sigh. I feel like a mom whose kids went off to school. Only, I'm still at school with them.

No comments: