Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Potty Mouth

Lately, we've been discussing my favorite repulsive and or dangerous animals. Take sea cucumbers, for instance-- they're covered in poisonous mucus and shoot out their internal organs at predators, then regrow them. And naked mole rats-- made cute by Disney's KimPossible, but possibly one of the ugliest creatures on earth. And, of course, jellyfish....

Now, I'm sure all of you know what to do if you're stung by a jellyfish. That is, if you are far from help and all by yourself. In order to neutralize the stinging sensation.... you gotta pee where it's stinging! HA!

So, I had to tell my kids this... cuz it gets them every time. I enjoy the gross-out factor, I'll be honest. But I failed to consider this particular group of kids. They too, seem to enjoy the gross out factor.

Says one student* with huge, startled eyes "OH my GOD Miss J!!! What do you do if it stings you in your MOUTH?!"




. . .




*Note: this is the same student who informed me that he couldn't do his homework because his brother's privates had been chopped off.

.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You missed one, seen first by me on Discovery Channel's "Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe" The Geoduck (pronounced Gooey-duck) http://www.olywa.net/cook/faq.htm and http://phillips.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/1125geoduck.jpg

Google images for Geoduck-- and you'll see what I mean. Love you!