Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Pray on It

"Miss J, you have halitosis from kissing Mr. Faulk."
"Yes, that's totally true."
"No its not! How would she even find his mouth? His forehead's so shiny she'd be blinded before she got there...."

-----------------------------------------------------------------
"Miss J, as a religious individual, I don't think science is relevant to my life."
"Well that's very interesting, Bryan. Good luck with that."

30 seconds later. Bryan, quiet smart ass, raises his hand.

"I'm sorry.... do you need help with your science? From your science teacher?"
"Yes."
"Well, I don't think I'm quite the person you want to talk to. Don't think I'm qualified. You know who you should talk to?"
"Who?"

I grin.

"God."

I pause for effect. Glorious, glorious effect. Fold my hands angelically, look toward the heavens, blissful smile on my face.

"Pray on it, Bryan. Pray on it. Maybe divine intervention will give you the answer. Maybe a miracle will happen. Pray on it. See how that works for you."

I walk away. Grinning to myself. In my wake, the table of divas plus one sheepish Bryan erupts.

"AWWWWW Daaaaaaaamn, she got YOU! BUUUUURN! You just can't GET her!"

My grin widens.
30 seconds later.

"For real, Miss J, help?"
"Seriously? After all that?"
"Seriously."

Another raised eyebrow.
"We good? You gonna work now and stop givin' me crap?"
"We're good. Sorry about that."
"Mm-hmm. What's the problem?"

No comments: