Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Denialism Ticks me Off

Today, I saw a bumper sticker that said this:

Global warming.
A dangerous, man-made phenomenon created by Marxist ideals and junk science.


I wanted to ninja kick his face. Right off.

I love it how people have decided that science is something that can be "believed" or "not believed." This isn't religion, people.

You can choose to not understand, you can be not ready to understand. But how do you decide to just deny it? Why does the idea that you have the potential to screw up the planet insult you? Or take the evolution debate. Why does it insult you that you came from a long line of ancestors that changed over time?

I wonder if this guy also denies gravity, the spherical nature of earth, and that dinosaurs lived millions of years ago. And I bet he thinks he's at the center of the universe.

No comments: