Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Cumulonimbus Blues


I was ready to rock. I had a fun activity, a perfectly formatted lesson plan (complete with state standards) an assessment, and a classroom full of kids who were excited as heck about clouds. Okay, well scratch that last part. I was excited about clouds. I knew my nimbostratus from my altocumulus. Oh yes I did. And soon they would too.

And even though the lesson went well, I ended feeling disheartened. The kids didn't leave me feeling blue. It was a lack of a certain individual that created the little furrow between my eyebrows-- the principal.

He was supposed to come in to watch me teach today. We had it all planned out. But he didn't show up. Left me hanging. Not even a note or a word over the intercom. Nothin'. So, I'm disheartened.

If you were a principal, and you had the chance to see one of your applicants in action.... wouldn't you take it? See how well she responds to the kids, how she teaches the content, how she reacts to the extra pressure of you being there?

So, I've got a touch of the blues. The cumulonimbus just peed all over my day.

But, there's always something to look forward to. Tomorrow, I'm going to read them a kid's version of The Odyssey. Cyclops, Scylla, Sirens and all. It should be wickedly awesome. I'll keep ya posted.

1 comment:

HeatherIhn said...

Awee..that sucks! Oh well. EVERY day is fun in YOUR class (probably...I'm guessing). So when he DOES pop in, it is going to be on a super fun day and he is going to be like, "wow..." and hand you a million dollar raise.

Oh, and about the Target section with the dinosaurs...I was SOOOOO going to get you some of those things to put in your little box. Haha, I don't know why but they really reminded me of you. Especially the little glow in the dark ones.