Monday, May 19, 2008

Things they Want to See

Today, disgust.

Sick little pervert: J, [not even MISS J!] can I see your thong?
[two seconds of RAGE]
Me: Can I see the 18 missing assignments you've racked up this month?
Class: BUUUUURN.
Me: So that's a no then. Get out.


Today, smug elation.

My 6th grade sister: Miss J, you look really happy. And really tired. Were you out partying too late last night?
Me: Partying is for losers.
Sister: Hmm. I know that look on your face. Half the 6th grade's got it.
Me: What do you know? You've got nothin' sistah.
Sister: Uh huh. [scrutinizes my face] You say that, but I think you got yourself a new man.
Me: [eruption of laughter]
Sister: Keep laughing. But I know its true. ....He any good?
Me: I do not have a new man.
Sister: Yeah. Not YET. It's...what's the word you used earlier today? Preliminary. That's it. Don't worry though. Your secret's safe with me.
Me: Mmkay, Jessica. Whatever you say.

No comments: