Saturday, April 04, 2009

Answer: A Little Salty

After school, Ms. C (the 8th grade math teacher), Jose (a kid who never wants to go home) and I were walking back into the building after duty. Information you need for this to be funny? My boyfriend aka flame of eternal hotness aka teacher of the year nominee aka 7th grade math teacher's last name is of a specific element on the periodic table known as Ag. Aka: Silver.

Jose: (totally out of the blue) Miss J what does Silver taste like?
Me: WHAT?!
(Ms. C starts to speed up so she can't make eye contact, and I swear, lets out a little snort of glee)
Jose: I mean, you told us how people bite into gold on cartoons and stuff to see if it was real. But you never told us what silver tasted like.
Me: How would I know that, Jose? (the accidental double entendre is killing me, killing me! I start to make funny noises so I don't laugh.)
Jose: Shrugs. I dunno. You know everything.
Me: Go home, Jose. (Oh god, I can't lie! I can't tell him I don't know...)

Jose goes home.

Ms. C: (gleam in her eye, huge grin on her face) So, what does Silver taste like? I'm dying to know.
Me: Shut up.

We both explode with laughter and thank the Buddha our kids aren't more observant.

No comments: