Monday, April 25, 2011

Shushing Shannan

Instead of doing the warm up this morning, this girl (let's call her Shannan) in my first hour class decided to write this:

"I got your legs spard over the bed hands clash the sheets hair wild hell I know the only on mind sexing me girl I can feel your tempure rising you should my naral to come on its going to a bomp ride drop boy in the back set window should get deep fock all over the glass I don't know how I can last with you"

Hmm. That doesn't look a WHOLE like Newton's 1st law. I mean, I guess objects in motion...

Anyhow, I took it from her and quietly told her she would have a detention after I read it (this was after she'd already given me hell for being out of dress code.). In typical DMS fashion, she started screaming at me-- how dare I have the right to take her things, she'd write the lyrics all over. I just said "Okay. That's fine. Enjoy that." In a very NON sarcastic, sweet voice. She kept going, yelling at me, grumbling about how I couldn't do NOTHING.

Until the boys in my class started shushing her.

"I ain't gonna---- SHHHH!" ---...serve no detention...."
"I don't have to -- SHHHHHHHH!....listen to anything you ---SHHH!!! ....say...."

From time to time the kids looked back at me to gage my reaction, I just shook my head and shrugged my shoulders like "Whatcha gonna do?" They all giggled.

I call that a win.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's so funny... I hope your class will cooperate more! Good luck!