Thursday, July 24, 2008

Magnetism

Yesterday, a couple of my former (and soon to be current!) students were around to help some of the teachers unpack their things. After lugging around tens of large, heavy boxes (more on all of that insanity later), we plopped down on my new tables.

William sees me flicker my eyes away from our conversation. Out the door, another teacher carries a box of garbage into the hallway. My eyes flicker back. The madness starts.

"Did you just check him out?"
"Nope. I saw him. Seeing doesn't constitute checking out."
"I think you were checking him out."
"And I think you need to go back a grade."
"Miss J was checking out the new language arts teaaaaacherrrr!"
"Doofus. I have someone I can look at if need be."
"Wait! I thought your guy broke up with you."
"He did."
"You have a new one?!"
"Sort of."
"Man! Miss J, are you a boy magnet?"
"HA! Hahaha! I don't think so."
"Can I meet him?"
"What's with all you guys and the show-and-tell?"
"Well.... we just wanna make sure he's good enough for you."

Well, I guess I can't argue with that.

No comments: