Sunday, March 06, 2011

Dear Arizona

Dear Arizona,
Go ahead. Keep putting scorpions on my shower curtain. Blast me with your heat rays. Fill my classroom with malevolent hoodlums. Ensure that nasty rumors spin like tumbleweed. Hail on my parade. Cause my feet to swell with ant bites. Do your worst. Because in June, I'll be out. What's that? The economy sucks, how will I ever find a job out there? Your taunts fall on deaf ears, my friend.

Because I already did. You may now congratulate me, Arizona, for I have navigated your terrain and as of next week-- my lily white butt belongs to A Seriously Awesome School in Denver. My kids will all have laptops instead of fisticuffs (Okay, they might have laptops AND fisticuffs. Who am I kidding?) I will spend my preps collaborating instead of commiserating.

I have a shiny star to affix my eye upon now, Arizona. So you can not get me down.

Love,
Miss J

No comments: