Monday, May 08, 2006

Interview Anxiety

Well, that was odd.

The principal didn't ask me any questions. I was prepared to talk about anecdotal behavior notes and parental communication logs and use obnoxious words like "cooperative" and "interdisciplinary" and "differenciated," and blather on about my 5 year plan and my strenghts and weaknesses and.... *head explodes*

And... nothing! I sat there for about five minutes as he talked about the district and the surrounding area. I felt like a kid whose teacher keeps talking about nonsense before giving a big test. Just sock it to me already! But the sock never came. The only question he had for me was "Do you have any questions for me?"

After that, he basically told me that he'd talked to various teachers in the building, and the superintendant... and every person had a glowing review. He said that before he goes to the board with his recommendation, he has to make sure he interviews a couple other people, so that when they say "How do you know this person is the most qualified? How many others did you interview?" he has an answer other than "uhhh... well....."

And that was it. So, all of my anxiety was for nothing. I think. He didn't actually SAY I had the job... he just... made it sound like I did. I think. I'm confused. Let's hope all that the fact the lack of grilling was a good sign.

Mmm. Grilling. Now I'm hungry.

Keep your fingers crossed for me!

No comments: