Friday, May 05, 2006

More Booty than Blackbeard (but less than Britney Spears)





My kids threw me a party! Lured me down to the office, decorated the classroom, and brought out a cake! They even turned off the lights and hid under their desks and screamed excitedly when I walked in the door. I couldn't have been happier. I felt like it was my birthday, darn it, and I was going to cry if I wanted to.

I did, however, manage to get myself under control until I got home with all my booty*.

When I walked in, the table was covered in gift bags. I couldn't believe it. I now have enough post-it notes to wallpaper my room. Crayons, dry erase markers, pencils, pens, highlighters, white out, a staple remover and stapler... you name it. Even a little green-haired troll doll wearing naught but a scarf. Exactly what I wanted! How did they know?

The rest of the time was spent talking, taking oodles of pictures and playing Heads Up 7 Up. God, I'm going to miss these kids. I know there are cool kids everywhere, but I still think mine are the best.

How many 12 year old boys talk about BEING swimsuit models, and then craft paper speedos that they tape to the front of their pants? How many tape pieces of paper to their chins saying "Bye Miss J! We'll miss you!"?. Just my weirdos. That's it.

I'll tell you one thing... it's good that we talked about flood safety, because if I don't get the job here, I'm going to pull an Alice in Wonderland on them. There will be a river of tears that could drown a manatee. Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

My interview is on Monday. I'll keep you posted.

Much Love!
Miss J

P.s. For added hilarity, note the middle caption of the lower picture. Supa Teacher, check. Breaker of Hearts, check. My work here is done.


* Not referring to my...assets. Also, not in any way relating to "booty call." Although, hilariously, a couple of the boys did leave me their phone numbers. And e-mail addresses. Ha!

No comments: