Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Yesterday Burnin' Turkey, Today Rump Roast


And today's breaking news.....

I'm a fat ass!

That's right folks! You heard it here first. This 5'4" 120 pounder who enjoys long swims in shark infested waters is a grade A, FDA approved, fat ass! If you'd like to sink your teeth into a juicy piece of rump roast, you know who to call!

I had no idea. I'm so glad that I have these children to bring the truth to me. What would I do without them? Probably live a life of total denial. That might be nice. I'd like the ignorance combo #4 and a side of bliss please. Only $4.99? Great.

So, here's how it went down. I caught two of my (amazingly good) students passing a notebook back and forth. I am hip to the whole passing notes under the guise of lending a notebook thing (as I used to do it myself), so I figured I was in for some excellent entertainment. Turns out I was. Among other things, one of the girls (and again, let me say that they are some of my favorite students) called me "Fat Ass Jones."

My eyebrows nearly lifted right off my forehead. I managed to lift one eyebrow a little more, looked at the girls, tore out the note, plunked the notebook back on the desk and said calmly "Ohhhh yeah. You're so busted."

The two girls were eventually sent down to the principal's office, and now are unable to go to the field trip with us tomorrow. The one who specifically called me a tubby lard bottom is also suspended for a day. Wowza. They came back up to the room hysterical, bawling their eyes out, red-faced and amazingly apologetic. I accepted their apologies gracefully, told them I wasn't angry, just saddened and disappointed. Which, of course, made them cry a little harder.

Another one of my lovelies got into a brawl at gym, and now can't go with us tomorrow either. On the other hand, one of my students who is consistently a pain in my (you know what) was GOOD! Figure that one out. Something's in the air, and I'm not sure I like it. I do however, like what's on the menu.


Note: Don't worry. The above picture ISN'T of a student pinching my bippe.

2 comments:

HeatherIhn said...

You are one tough chick!!! Thanks for the "note:" I was like, "man is that really her butt?"

Oooh and No I haven't read that book, but will definitely do so. Did you see my update? I finished the painting. Muahahha...I might go back and do a few changes, but nothing major.

HeatherIhn said...

OH my! I've seen a whole new side of you (quite literally).

:D and good critique missy, but I was hoping to never go back to it! ;) Darn you~