Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Puddle Jumping


I finished my finals. I'm done. Finished. Finally. It hasn't quite hit yet. Much as I bitch about this place, I'm going to miss it. There's nothing quite like running around the quad at 1:30 at night, playing frisbee and getting caught in the rain.

Which is exactly what I did. Intead of partying it up, I frolicked in the wet grass, giggling and dancing like a maniac, dodging past vindictive sprinklers and whipping a frisbee with so much style Paris Hilton would be jealous. Then, Mother Nature decided we were having too much fun, and decided to rain on our parade. Little does she know how much I like spring rain. So, I used my frisbee as a dashing little hat (told you I had mad style) and slowly meandered back home.

I think you've got to be a little bit of a kid to be a good teacher. I just hope my kids find as much joy rain dancing as they do playing those junky computer games. If not, I'll teach 'em! You WILL hop in puddles! You WILL climb trees! You WILL sing Disney songs on the top of your lungs!

Just... you know... do it at home. Your parents will love it. I promise.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My favorite computer game is this one where you can run around in a park throwing a frisbee while it rains. If you get the high score, you can wear the frisbee like a little hat.

On a completely unrelated note, its rainy season in Japan right now it stinks. There's nothing to do when it rains in real life.