Thursday, March 30, 2006

I'm Famous!

Okay, so I'm not really famous. BUT, my picture is in my school's newspaper AND there's an article written about me by two of my students. It's even complimentary. Now, for your viewing pleasure, I am happy to present "New to Sixth Grade" by My Two Awesome Students.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Have you met our new student teacher? Her name is Miss Jones. She has been here since January 17th. Miss Jones may look like a tall 6th grader (thanks a lot....) but actually she is twenty-three years old and is an awesome teacher. She had an interesting childhood, loves teaching, and likes to write books for our age group. Miss Jones is a cool teacher.

When Miss Jones was a little girl she wanted to be an actress. She definitely has talent. In 7th grade, her dad went to her band concert wearing string of blinking Christmas lights. It was one of her most embarassing moments.

Miss Jones was a journalism major and art major, but got tired of writing and drawing shoes. She wanted a job that had many subjects, one in which she was able to jump around and sing silly songs. That is when she decided to become a teacher. She loves kids, especially ones who are in 5th to 8th grads. Science is her favorite subject to teach because it's something that's alive and all around us.

After reading this you know she is a great teacher, but I bet you don't know this. She does not have a t.v. because she thinks books are better, and she'd rather have an imagination than rot her brain. She reads about three books every week. Miss Jones is in the process of writing her third book. She hopes that her books will be published some day. She has been writing and illustrating books since she was in the second grade. That's pretty cool!

Our class is glad Miss Jones is our teacher because she loves kids and makes learning fun. Also, she is always willing to stay after school to help people who need extra help. She spent time after school to read stories she wrote to us. Her crazy dances that she teaches us are really cool. Miss Jones will make a great teacher."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALSO, we are doing the Huge Boring State Tests currently. I learned from my cooperating teacher (who has been proctoring the tests, and reading their answers after they've handed their booklets in), that several of the students have written about me! Specifically! By name! That just makes my day!

And now, I'm off to grade papers. Joy and celebration. Hope all is just as spangly in your world.

No comments: