Thursday, March 23, 2006

Well, that's disturbing...

The Assignment:

  1. Research 3 people from the Renaissance (explorers, royalty, painters, philosophers, writers and so on)
  2. With a partner, write a 2 minute long play involving said Renaissance people, using facts you’ve gathered about their lives and personalities.
  3. Perform play with WICKEDLY RAD PUPPETS! (that you make yourselves)

Inspired Questions and Conversations:

“Can I do Michelangelo, Donatello, and Raphael? I want to turn them into the Ninja turtles.”

“Miss J? We’re doing Henry VIII… and he eats, like, everything in sight. So we were wondering… can we have him eat you too? ”

“…. Well, are you going to rescue me?”

“Of course, Miss J!”

“Well, then. Go ahead!”

(I may regret this decision later…)

“You said we could use extra characters. Can I have Pac-Man/Scooby Doo/The Power Rangers/Sponge Bob in mine?”

“Who’s Annie Bowlin’?”

“You mean Anne Boleyn?”

And, by far, the most disturbing….

“Miss J…. you’re in our play. Is it okay if we make you sing “I’m too sexy for my shirt?”

*totally incredulous, appalled, disgusted look*

“I am totally appalled and disgusted by what you’ve just said. That is both inappropriate and disrespectful. Would you like me to call your mother and repeat what you’ve just said to me?”

*look of total sheepishness*

“No. Sorry. Hey! I know! Can we have you say ‘I’m too cool for my shirt’?”

Well, that’s a trip to the principal’s office.

Ahh, the joys of teaching.


(Note: on the day of this appalling comment, I was wearing the standard Miss J outfit—turtleneck sweater, black dress pants, black blazer. Not provocative! Plus, I’ve been blowing my nose for the last four weeks. I thought that alone would make me Gross and Disgusting…. but apparently not.)

No comments: